Energy Trading Risk Summit Europe 2021
We are delighted to be Gold sponsors at the Energy Trading Risk Summit Europe, 14th-16th April 2021 – 9:00am-12:30pm BST.
Commodity position limits – a brief history
Dodd-Frank position limits have finally arrived (yes really) – so what?
MiFID II position limits – the quick demise but be careful what you wish for
What should firms be doing with regard to position limit management?
This event is free to attend for trading and risk practitioners from qualified companies, sign up now to secure your place.
About the event
European energy markets are experiencing an unprecedented and unpredictable period of change. A global pandemic, ongoing geopolitics, changing demand and the transition to a carbon free energy environment are changing the way energy companies interact with the world. Traditional methods for modelling risk are straining under the weight of these dynamic changes, prompting risk practitioners to re-examine and re-calibrate the tools and tactics they use to model and mitigate these risks. The importance of data, algorithmic tools, advances in machine learning and other transformative technologies have an even greater role to play in managing the risk profile of trading organisations as they navigate these unchartered times.
Don’t miss this opportunity to exchange valuable insights on managing your company’s risk in these extraordinary and turbulent times!
- Continually improving the risk function: Examining the modern day risk function
- COVID-19 recovery: What have we learned from 2020, what’s changed, how do we adapt and prepare to make us more risk resilient in the future?
- Harnessing data: Machine learning and AI tools available for forecasting and data analysis – what’s been done?
- Improving trade surveillance controls in today’s ‘new normal’: Aligning risk and compliance to protect markets from abuse and manipulation in the work from home era
- Digital transformation: Best use cases and the value drivers for automation and analytics
- Forecasting short term power price: New techniques for forecasting daily intraday power price risk
- Position limits: where to next for the EU, UK and the US and what firms need to do to prepare
- Risk managing sustainability and the clean energy transition: Assessing the impact on trading and risk as energy firms respond to climate change and an acceleration towards a lower-carbon future